The Memórias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz is a multidisciplinary journal which publishes original research throughout the fields of tropical medicine (including pathology, field epidemiology and clinical studies) medical parasitology (including protozoology, helminthology, entomology and malacology), and medical microbiology (virology, bacteriology and mycology). It particularly welcomes basic and applied research in biochemistry, immunology, molecular and cell biology, physiology, pharmacology and genetics related to these fields. Short communications are also considered. Review articles are invited. The journal publishes twelve issues constituting one volume per year. Occasionally papers presented at symposia or congresses are published as supplements.
Submitted papers must be written in English. English of low quality is a major cause of delay in publication and we strongly advise authors with English as a foreign language to have their manuscripts checked by someone with English as a first language, preferably a scientist.
Submission of a paper to the Memórias is understood to imply that is has not previously been published (except in an abstract form), and that it is not being considered for publication elsewhere. Responsibility for the accuracy of the material in the manuscript, including bibliographic citations, lies entirely with the authors.
Manuscripts will be peer-reviewed; acceptance will be based on scientific content and presentation of the material.
With this service you can submit manuscripts, you will be able to check the content of your submission, the electronic file will be used for editorial assessment and online refereeing, and the editorial decision on the manuscript will be communicated to you.
By using this service you will guarantee fast and safe submission of your manuscript, and speed the assessment process.
Information concerning gene sequences reported in the manuscript, must have it's public bank accession number mentioned in the manuscript. E.g. GeneBank.
Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article, including the right to reproduce the article in all form and media, shall be assigned exclusively to the Memórias. The journal will not refuse any reasonable request by authors for permission to reproduce any contribution.
• In case of clinical trials it’s mandatory to inform the registration number of the REBEC platform.
• We inform that a paper submitted to Memórias undergoes a process using the Ithenticate plagiarism checker software to prevent professional plagiarism and other forms of scholarly misconduct.
• All authors ensure the reported researches are not the result of misconduct such as data fabrication, falsification, plagiarism or duplication. In case of confirmed research misconduct, we will issue a retraction notice to correct the scientific record.
Please refer to Singapore Statement at:http://www.singaporestatement.org/statement.html
• All the contents of this journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License.
• Any studies involving human subjects should have Ethic Institutional Review Board Approval. Protocol number should be informed.
• When working with experimental animals, reference must be made to principles of laboratory animal care or similar regulations and to approval by the local ethical committee.
Papers submitted to Memórias will undergo the Premium Editing of English language review made by American Journal Experts, further suggestions will enhance nonnative English writing style.
A statement that the data/results of the manuscript are not plagiarism and have not been published elsewhere.
Claude Pirmez | Editor in chief
Adeilton Alves Brandão